Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Easiest Pumpkin Cookies You'll EVER Make

There are very few days that go by that I don't end up trying some new recipe for dinner, or baking some new concoction that came to me in my sleep. When I was younger, I discovered this recipe for "Cake Mix Cookies." I did a little tweaking to the original recipe, and soon it became my own. It was even published in our church cookbook.. I know, I'm pretty awesome. Anyways, it has got to be one of the easiest recipes ever known to man to make yummy soft cookies. When I came across another version of these cookies, I thought I'd give it a try and just spice things up my way... That is how Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans came to be. These cookies are seriously SO simple and taste amazing, and can be tweaked however you want. These are perfect for family gatherings, or a movie night on the couch. Here's what I did...

These things are all you need in order to make these divine cookies. Is using cake mix cheating? Sure. Do I care? Nah. 
Now, I know not everyone has access to these divine nuts on an average day. I actually acquired these Pecans for free from a wonderful man in Dallas, Texas selling them (That's a story for another day). However, I know that many malls all over the country sell these nuts around holiday season, and you can get some then. :)
The first step for making the cookies is to dump all the ingredients which will be listed below into a bowl and combine until a soft dough is formed. 
 Once you have the dough made, drop spoonfuls on cookie sheets.
I ended up with 24 cookies exactly. If you don't have a cookie scoop, just use a spoon. Its not that serious. Lol
 Bake those bad boys and your finished product will look like these! Serve warm, cold, or frozen. No one will care, just as long as they get to eat them. Trust me. 

Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans

Yields: ~ 24 Cookies

1 box Pumpkin Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/2 C. Canola or Vegetable Oil
1/2 C. Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Nuts

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of your ingredients until a soft dough forms
3. On a non-stick cookie sheet, drop dough by spoonful about 1-inch apart 
4. Place cookies in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Check your cookies at around 8 minutes to be sure they are not over-cooking. All ovens are different. Your cookies will be done when the bottoms are golden to a semi-dark color on the bottom
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and Enjoy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment